STANDISH, Maine – The Saint Joseph's College athletics department is implementing a pilot program to assist in the development of leadership skills. The Leadership Academy, led by men's lacrosse coach Bill Cosentino, aspires to instill leadership skills in SJC student-athletes by challenging and guiding them to analyze and then develop their own leadership traits.
Through specific programs geared to foster thought in Personal Responsibility, Accountability, and Commitment, the goal is to have student-athletes leave Saint Joseph's College as competent, caring, and inspiring leaders who can create a "winning" culture wherever they go.
The Pilot program will consist of four sessions throughout this spring semester.
The principles of the Monks Leadership Academy:
- We want to win, and win with character
- We understand and practice accountability
- We strive to excel in our sport, in the classroom and throughout campus
- As competitors and as fans, we are respectful of opponents, opponents' coaches and officials
- We understand leadership and strive to be great leaders