The Saint Joseph's College Athletics Department is proud to offer the Monks Leadership Academy to select student-athletes. The Leadership Academy, coordinated by and led by head men's lacrosse coach Bill Cosentino, aspires to instill leadership skills and further develop life skills in SJC student-athletes. The Academy seeks to challenge and guide these current and future leaders to recognize, analyze and then develop their own leadership traits.
The Academy will create specific programming, set in periodic classroom sessions throughout each semester, that includes: lectures, brainstorming, guest speakers and break-out exercises. There will be particular attention paid to -- Personal Responsibility, Accountability, Peer-to-peer relationships, Communication and Commitment. Amongst the goals for the Academy is to have student-athletes leave Saint Joseph's College as competent, caring, and inspiring leaders who can create a "winning" culture wherever they go.
The principles of the Monks Leadership Academy:
- We understand and practice accountability
- We understand, value and seek to positively foster a 'team' culture
- We strive to excel in our sport, in the classroom and throughout campus
- As competitors and as fans, we are respectful of opponents, opponents' coaches and officials
- We want to win, and win with character
- We understand leadership and strive to be great leaders